With the popularity of Underwater Photography and Trash the Dress photo sessions growing among the Wedding industry, these 5 questions will help you decide if booking an Underwater session is right for you.
- Do I need to know how to swim? or dive? You would think this to be a silly question but a majority of our clients can not swim or are not good swimmers. This poses a bigger challenge for us but we can still capture beautiful underwater photos. Don’t let the fact that you can’t swim stop you from having the photos you have always dreamed of.
- How deep is the water? The depth of the water is from shallow to 5 meters deep. We mainly focus on the more shallow areas depending on how good you swim and of course always keeping your safety in mind.
- Is the water clear? Cenotes have fresh water that has been filtered by the earth, making the water so clear and pure that you can see straight through to the amazing fish and plant life below.
- Do I need to open my eyes underwater? If so, can I wear contact lenses? Yes, we ask that you try to open your eyes underwater and give us a great smile too. When you open your eyes underwater, you will see blurry with or without contact lenses so it’s up to you whether you decide to wear them. Usually, it’s better not to wear them so you don’t lose them as they can easily fall out if you rub your eyes.
- What kind of a dress should I use for the session? Although a white wedding dress is the most traditional, we always suggest bright and bold colors such as red, hot pink or turquoise blue. These colors stand out underwater. Make sure your dress selection is flowy at the bottom and not tight fitting, so your legs have room to move and kick. Always use neutral-colored undergarments so they do not show through when your clothes is wet.
Put your worries and fear of swimming aside and let us create magic for you with an amazing underwater photo session in a mystical cenote during your vacation in Cancun, Playa del Carmen or the Riviera Maya.
See a full gallery of our underwater photography here.
Contact us today!